RICK LAHAYE(26) Curriculum Vitae RICK LAHAYE(26)
Rick Lahaye - passion for Linux and security
* Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
* Nationality: Dutch
* Driving License: Car
* Birthyear: 1993
rick [--soft-skills] [--hard-skills] [--education] [--experience] [--honours] [--certification] [--projects] [--leisure] [--other]
I am an engineer with skills in networking, security, programming, and Linux. Because of my early involvement with IT, I have developed a broad skill-set; including a skill to quickly understand complex and new technologies. I have a passion for Linux and security in which I want to develop myself further in. My career goal is a security executive role within an international company as I am good in leading and working with people, and international environments energize me. I am open to job offers that help me achieve my goals and develop myself further.
* Problem-solving way of working with a logical and analytical approach
* Capable of adapting to target audience and public speaking
* Capable of priorizing and working under pressure
* Motivated and driven person who likes challanges
* Flexible and adaptable
* Linux distributions like Debian, Arch, CentOS/RHEL and Ubuntu (Administration, Infrastructures, Deployment, and Open Source Projects)
* Security (HIPS, IPS/IDS, Firewalls, Anti-Virus, Endpoints, and System Hardening)
* Vulnerability Scanning and Management (Tenable Nessus and OpenVAS)
* Networking (Routing, Switching, and Wireless)
* Logging (SIEM, Syslog, and Log Management)
* Infrastructure Componments (DHCP, DNS, Proxies, DCs, and LDAP)
* Virtualization (XEN, VMware, and Hyper-V)
* Windows Server (Applications and Infrastructures)
* Forensics (Linux Systems and Network)
* Programming (Basic Web, Bash Shell Scripting, and Python)
* Cloud (AWS and Azure)
 Master of Science in System and Network Engineering - University of Amsterdam [09/2016 - 02/2018 | Amsterdam, The Netherlands]
Master focused at Linux, networking, security, forensics, and cybercrime.
 Bachelor of Science in Information and Communications Technology - ZUYD University of Applied Sciences [02/2012 - 02/2016 | Heerlen, The Netherlands]
Bachelor focused at Linux, Windows, networking, security, and forensics.
 Minor in Computer Science - Dakota State University [01/2015 - 06/2015 | Madison, South Dakota, The United States]
 Developer Security Engineer - ABN AMRO Bank [09/2018 - present | Amsterdam, The Netherlands]
Developer Engineer for:
* Vulnerability Scanning and Management
 Network Engineer - YaWorks (Schiphol Airport) [04/2018 - 08/2018 | Amsterdam, The Netherlands]
Set to work at Schiphol Telematics as Network Engineer to manage access layer. Also did Python programming for data analyzing.
 Network/Security Engineer - The Networkers [07/2016 - 12/2016 | Utrecht, The Netherlands]
Consultant for wireless and security projects (firewalls and IPSs).
 Intern System Engineer - Cisco Systems [09/2015 - 03/2016 | Amsterdam, The Netherlands]
Graduate research on how Cisco ASA/FP can be implemented in an Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) and what its best practices are. The following Proof of Concepts were created for customers and the research:
* 2 ASA5515-X in cluster integrated with L4 to L7 Service Integration in ACI
* ASAv and FPv on an ESX host integrated with L4 to L7 Service Integration in ACI
Also gave demos at Cisco security events regarding FirePower and ACI.
 Network/Security Engineer - Open Line Consultancy (DSM) [07/2014 - 12/2014 | Maastricht Aachen Airport, The Netherlands]
Set to work at DSM as IT Security Officer. Was responsible for the Host Intrusion Prevention Systems, and supported with Threat Incident Management, IPSs, and Anti-Virus.
 Intern Network/Security Engineer - Open Line Consultancy (DSM) [01/2014 - 06/2014 | Maastricht Aachen Airport, The Netherlands]
Undergraduate research at DSM by Open Line on how to optimize the Host Intrusion Prevention Systems and reduce its false positives. The result of the research was a decrease of threat events by 99% in production.
 President's Honors List for Academic Achievement – President of Dakota State University [05/2015 | Dakota State University]
Honour based on my academic achievement during the Spring Semester on Dakota State. Achieved by having an average GPA of 3.8 (93%/A).
[200-125] Cisco Certified Network Associate Routing & Switching (CCNA) [05/2018 | Cisco]
[PSM-1] Professional Scrum Master 1 (PSM-1) [09/2019 | Scrum]
[AZ-103] Microsoft Azure Administrator (AZ-103) [01/2020 | Microsoft]
 SecureDNS - securedns.eu [2017 - present]
SecureDNS is a public and privacy safe DNS server that uses open and proven standards to secure DNS queries. SecureDNS has around 28 million hits a day and is used worldwide.
* Emercoin, Namecoin, and OpenNIC TLDs
* DNS over TLS/HTTPS/DNSCRYPT
* HaProxy and ICS Bind
 Thesis 2: How to Spot the Blue Team - University of Amsterdam/Outflank 
Research with a Proof of Concept to detect a potential Blue Team's analysis of a Red Team's operation. This implementation exists out of Elastic Stack and Python scripts to detect anomalies in Command and Control communication and Virustotal.
* NGINX Reverse Proxy for TLS decryption
* Elasticsearch-DSL Python Module
* Powershell Empire
* Cobalt Strike
* Elastic Stack
* BIND ICS
 Course Project: Cloud File-Sharing Service Crawler - University of Amsterdam 
Research with a Proof of Concept of a crawler that is able to detect cloud file-sharing services with use of fuzzy hashing, and decode its forensic artifacts. The crawler written in Python is able to detect and retrieve file records, sync/root folder, and username/email-address of OneDrive, Google Drive, iCloud Drive, and Dropbox.
* Context Triggered Piecewise Hashes (CTPH)/Fuzzy Hashing
* DPAPI and DPAPI-NG: Decryption Toolkit
* Python-Registry library
 Thesis 1: Machine Learning-based Intrusion Detection System for Industrial Control Systems - University of Amsterdam/Deloitte 
Research with a Proof of Concept of an Intrusion Detection System (IDS) that is able to detect anomalies by using Machine Learning in a Industrial Control System (Water Thermostatic Closed Loop Environment). The IDS runs on a Raspberry Pi and is able to operate on the lowest layers (between 0 and 1) of the control hierachy model of Purdue.
* Novelty and Outlier Detection Machine Learning (One-Class Support Vector Machine)
* Neural Network Machine Learning (Long Short Term Memory)
 Course Project: NTP as a Covert Channel - University of Amsterdam 
A Proof of Concept of a tunnel with AES encryption over the Network Time Protocol (NTP). This implementation deemed 9 times faster than Iodine (DNS), and 128 times faster than Ptunnel (ICMP). Benchmarks were as following:
* No tunnel: 940 Mbps
* NTP Tunnel: 920 Mbps unencrypted
* NTP Tunnel: 360 Mbps AES encrypted
* Iodine: 100 Mbps
* Ptunnel: 7 Mbps
* Reading books and articles about technology, spychology, lifestyle and nutrition
* Sports: rockclimbing and fitness
* Dancing: salsa and bachata
* Travelling and being outside
* SecureDNS: https://securedns.eu/
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/ricklahaye/
* LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ricklahaye/
* Github: https://github.com/ricklahaye/
* Resume: https://ricklahaye.info/
RICK LAHAYE(26) 20-01-2020 RICK LAHAYE(26)